Groups and projects
Our community includes many self-organizing groups and projects. If your group or project isn’t listed and you think people would be interested to know more about it, please add it to the list!
- Aging group – thinking about getting older
- Arts Council – Contemplative Arts and Practices
- Bodhisattva Path Study Group – A twice-a-month gathering to read and discuss Shantideva’s “The Way of the Bodhisattva.”
- Drala Hikes – Contemplative community hikes
- Heart of Recovery – meditation and discussion for people working with addiction behaviors
- Ikebana Practice – Weekly 2-3 hour practice to clean up and prepare new materials
- Meditation Warriors Book Study Group – A bi-monthly gathering to read and discuss Turning the Mind into an Ally by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche
- Mindful Families Program – Activities for families and children
- Queer Dharma – LGBTQ monthly gatherings
- Shambhala Prison Program – Supporting prisoners at Oregon State Penitentiary
- Young Meditators – Bi-monthly gathering for meditation, teachings, and socializing
Deleks, Kids Club and No Longer Alone are currently dormant. Would you be interested in helping revive them? This “currently dormant” page has details on these groups, including who to contact to help with their revival.
Community members often organize informal study groups and community gatherings as well as these scheduled ones.