Our centre offers a rich array of weekly ongoing offerings free to the public. No prior meditation experience required to attend. Most programs offer meditation instruction upon request. All are welcome.
Community Practice Opportunities
Everyone is welcome to attend our regular community meditation times. For the latest schedule information check our center calendar.
We offer initial meditation instruction every week at the beginning of our Tuesday evening sitting (7pm) and bi-monthly at our Sunday community practice (9:30am). If you would like to receive meditation instruction, please arrive at the Center a few minutes before practice is scheduled to begin and ask to receive instruction.
Our regular community practice opportunities open to everyone include:
- Weekday Morning Meditation: Monday – Friday 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
- Tuesday Evening Meditation: 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Open House extends this schedule to 9pm on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month, and includes initial meditation instruction, meditation practice, a teaching and discussion, and social time with refreshments.
- Thursday Evening Meditation: 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM.
- Sunday Morning Community Practice: 9:30 AM – 12:00PM on the 1st Sunday of each month
Sunday Community Practice includes meditation practice from 9:30-11am, teachings and discussion from 11-11:30am and social time with refreshments. Initial meditation instruction at 9:30am and one on one follow-up instruction are offered, as well as the following:
Maitri Bhavana, a compassion practice for those who are seriously ill, is practiced on the 1st Sunday of each month.
Shambhala Kids’ Club, supports families to be able to practice at the Center was meeting on the 3rd Sunday of each month, 9:30 – 11:00 AM but now is on break until Fall.
- The Sadhana of Mahamudra, is practiced at every new and full moon. Check our center calendar for dates and times.
- The Young Meditator’s Group meets meets twice a month.
- The Queer Dharma Group, a monthly LGBT gathering.
- No Longer Alone, a social support group for people with mental illness.
- The Heart of Recovery, addiction-support group is on indefinite break .
Our regular community practice opportunities for authorized advanced students include:
- Shambhala Sadhana: Takes place on the first Thursday of the month. Check ourcenter calendar to confirm.
- Ashe Society: Takes place on most fourth Thursdays of the month. Check ourcenter calendar to confirm.
- Werma Feast: Takes place monthly. Be sure to double check our center calendarfor any date changes.
- Padmasambhava Feast: Takes place every other month on the 10th lunar day.Be sure to double check our center calendar for any date changes.
- Vajrayogini Feast: Held every several times a year. Be sure to double check ourcenter calendar for any changes.
- Vajrayana Practice Intensives (VPI’s): Take place every month. Be sure to double check our center calendar for any date changes.