“Generosity is the virtue that produces peace.”
~ from the Sutra of the Recollection of the Three Jewels
The Portland Shambhala Center is a non-profit organization supported entirely by the generosity of its members, donors, program participants, and the energy of its many volunteers. We set our program fees at the level needed to sustain our Center. However, we are committed to keeping our programs accessible to all regardless of financial constraints. At the same time, we want to grow our community and what we are able to offer to the world. Therefore, we encourage all program participants to offer the most generous amount according to their situation. We are using tiered pricing for most programs both to encourage generosity and help support a variety of financial circumstances.
- Patron Level Tuition: Your generosity in offering the patron price helps cover the costs for others who are not able to pay the full price.
- General public / Member Tuition: The amount needed to cover our Shambhala Center’s costs.
- Generosity Policy: We invite you contemplate what is the most generous offering you can make at this time. If you would like to use the Generosity Policy, you must arrange to do so prior to the start of the program by contacting the Head Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-231-4971.
We invite everyone to engage with the practice of generosity by asking, “How much am I able to give?” Sometimes we can be more generous than other times, and that is perfectly normal. Sometimes we can stretch and sometimes we cannot. By offering your generosity in whatever measure you can at this time, you join us in offering the Shambhala teachings to the world.
Discounts cannot be combined with our generosity policy.
- Member Discount: 15% discount for monthly dues paying members on most programs.
- Repeat Discount: 50% of the listed tuition when attending a program previously completed.
- Series Discount: 15% discount for Way of Shambhala classes when purchased as a series.
For most programs, full payment refunds are offered if we receive your cancellation no later than 24 hrs prior to the program start time. There will be no refunds after this time, however you are welcome to transfer your tuition to a future program. To cancel your registration, contact the registrar.
Please register online whenever possible. Registration at the door is accepted only on a space-available basis.
Your registration is complete when we receive your payment. Forms of payment accepted include: Visa, MC, Discover, Amex and direct bank account debits.
You may also mail a check to our registrar. Make the check out to Portland Shambhala Center and include a note with the name of class for which you are registering, your email address and phone number. When your check is received you will be sent an email confirming your registration. Send the check and information to:
Portland Shambhala Center
Attention: Class Registration
1110 SE Alder Street, Suite 203
Portland, Oregon 97214
Entering a program after it has started is only possible by special pre-approval. Contact the registrar for how to proceed.